How do you write a blog article that spreads virally
The dream of every blogger.
A piece of content to create that whole spread of its own accord. That your readers so much that he told his friends about it.
These friends are then again so excited that they tell their friends. And so on.
Your message, your blog article is, then like wildfire that spread across the country.
You get all the glory and the honor you deserve. And of course, still plenty of sales.
Unfortunately, only a dream burst like a soap bubble?
Because in this article I’ll tell you the secret of viral blog articles.
Of course, always requires a certain amount of luck to. This is in every adventure like this.
But on the other side there is a science that deals with it. And from this we can learn a lot.
Let’s look first at times, why we humans ever share content with each other.
5 reasons why we humans share content
Actually, the content sharing is nothing new. We used to tell stories around the campfire.
Today, the bonfire disappeared. Today we do it online, smart blogs! ?
This is part of our human nature.
The New York Times has this time carried out and looked, why we humans share content a study.
We share content to …
- quality and entertaining content to bring others closer. Our intention is to inform our friends change their mind or motivate them to action.
- to define ourselves. Because if we share content, then we will give a better idea of our friends and followers of who we are, how we. The world and see ourselves
- to maintain our relations and strengthen them. With good content to keep in touch. It is a medium that helps us to stay connected. And it helps us to connect with other people who have the same interests.
- to fulfill itself. Because after splitting makes you involved yourself, you feel as if you have helped. Even a “thank you” of your followers that makes you feel valuable.
- to make an important cause or brand known. We want to support a cause or an issue that is important to us and interested us. Although we humans are often negative, deep inside we still believe in the good.
You see, while sharing it always comes to relationships. Blogs consist of relations. Each business consists of relationships … even the whole world consists only of relations!
So it depends on emotional people how good your product spreads virally. Of course I have it, a study in store!
7 emotions that make your content virally
Jonah Berger and Katherine Milkman of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania have 7,000 articles in the New York Times analyzed and looked, what content was most emailed to others.
Result of this study was that you should fulfill the following three elements:
- Your content needs to be emotional, so it spreads virally.
- Your content must be positive so that it spreads virally.
- Your content should be practical so that it does well spread.
The points “positive” and “practical” also reflect my sentence: “Write quality products with a minimum of 1,000 words” well resist.
If you -Article then ausstattest your “1,000 words” with emotional stories or emotional theme, then you’re on track.
We humans always think that we are rational creatures. But we are not. We decide based on emotion, but justify later with logic. Whether true have not you like it or.
But what emotions spread best viral?
The study calls us the following results:
- Reverence – “. This is too good to be true” (example: “AIDS Heimittel discovered”)
- Anger – “. That makes me angry” (example: “politicians embezzling tax money”)
- Concern – “Oh, I do something wrong?” (Example: “Do you do this mistake with your blog?”)
- Fear – “It can not get worse.” (Example: “The worst trading day ever”)
- Joy – “. Hachja … that’s a nice one” (example: “pair has not seen 60 years now they are reunited..”)
- Lust – “Actually, I never admit it openly, but sex interests me” (example: “Love, Sex and the general acceptance of infidelity”)
- Surprise – “Hm? This has nothing to do with it, right? “(Example:” How do I eat more, but pick up “)
Make sure that you talk to at least one of these emotions with your content.
But wait. A I have! ?
9 practical tips to make your blog post viral
The team of BuzzSumo sitting on a pile of more than 100 million blog articles. This they have now analyzed and the following is found:
- Long blog articles are better than shorter
“Long blog articles are not read” – which is a far widening myth.
Long products affect quality, provide more content and solve a particular problem more accurately.
(And we have just learned, we share high-quality content, because we want to bring him closer to the other and if we have “Ehrfrucht” before.)
It is even more accurate. How longer your blog articles, the more shares:
We humans love cats pictures. OK. But we also share sophisticated and especially long content.
Write therefore what.
- One single image brings more shares
Even if you use plenty of sub-headings, short paragraphs and concise sentences, then nevertheless loosen images on your article.
Because the Internet we do not read. We scan. And when scanning, we take pictures easily on easier.
Pack therefore, if appropriate, an image in your article to loosen him. But please do not necessarily come hell.
- awe, laughter and entertainment are the strongest emotions
I have already mentioned it, we humans are emotional creatures.
Throw a look at this chart:
Here the study by Jonah Berger and Katherine Milkman closes again. We have a lot of overlap:
Make sure that you are creating content rather than negative rather positive and the emotions do not forget altogether.
- We love to share lists and infographics
This graph shows it very well:
After the infographics List Posts come, then the “why” – the “what” – and the “how to” article.
But why work lists and infographics as well?
Because they are easy to scan and because we can estimate how much content is delivered and how much time we will probably need it.
But because I would not keep me so strictly. I recommend you a healthy mix of everything.
Especially “How do you” article overcome more of a problem your reader instead to spread virally. And that makes for a completely different relationship with your readers.
- 10 is the magic number for lists
List Posts with 10 members received an average most shares. Why?
Because 10 is the perfect number for reading. 10 communicates still a certain value, but is also not as much as 100. At 10 elements I would still read every single one. For 100 I have “no time”.
In second place the 23. Why was always.
I counsel thee to keep the numbers in mind, but not to keep 100% of it. Take simply getting as much points, how much you just.
- We share content when they radiate confidence
That is why good design and a good formatting is so important. If your blog is not convinced at first impression, then you have already lost.
BuzzSumo has analyzed the bio at the end of each blog article:
You see, article Bio are trustworthy.
We want people just read the contents of other real people. Smart blogs are so powerful because they are personally and socially. And because they take good care of their Tribe.
Eighth reason. A meaningful bio with picture and generally that your blog exudes as much confidence
- A Share of Influencers has a multiplier effect
I have it here already mentioned, influencers are critical to your success.
This chart shows it again nicely:
If one of your influencer shares your article, then increase your shares by 31.8%. In three influencers they already doubled.
You can now, of course not 100% expect you to have the same values. But good benchmarks are already. I can confirm that.
- Regular Promote of old products is important
The results were shocking: After only three days, the social shares fell by 96%!
So you have to promote your old articles. Over and over again.
I generally recommend you to write always timeless items, so you can promote them even after five years.
- The best day to publish’s Tuesday
The day of your publication can make a big difference, whether and especially how many are shared your articles:
You can seen the best Matches.
But more importantly, do you set a firm date. Then know your audience exactly when they can expect premium content from you.
So. Enough of all studies! I have enough. And you probably also.
Of course, it all depends on your niche. Some things work better in this niche, some in the others.
Memorize yet why we humans share content. Make sure that your blog articles are emotional, positive and practical. And keep the nine practical tips in mind.
As with any adventure also, simply belongs always a certain amount of luck involved. But with this knowledge you will increase your chances dramatically.
Finally, a nice word of Jonah Berger:
Virality is great. But quality is better virality.
Is not only viral to be viral. The benefit is always the highest good.
Now it’s your turn: a viral hit Add.